Friday, March 12, 2004

This morning, when I woke up at 8:00 am I felt tired. I guess I’ve been lacking in sleeping. Every morning, for the last month or two, I slept late and woke early. Fridays are the worst of the week. On Thursdays, my head would spin around because I have 3 classes and especially English. Also, Fridays means “work hard day” at Quizznos. Tons of customer rushes in during the lunch rush and we, the employees, try to make their sandwiches as soon as possible. When arrived to work, I had a headache. I tried to fight it off, but it was too strong. I was relieved when the clock on my phone displayed 3:00 pm. After work, I went to the handball court to meet up my friends. I didn’t have the mood to play at first, but I had nothing to do until 6:00 pm. The appointment at 6:00 pm had me anxious the whole day, even as I’m writing. My friends left early, so I was forced to go home. My mom was happy to see me, and I was happy to see her too. She asked me if I wanted any food and I said no thanks. She always bugs us three (Judy, Jimmy, and me) with that question: “Do you want food?” I think we are big enough to take care of ourselves. I opened my computer to check on my program. I printed a “list offline,” a printout of a program, so I view if I made any mistakes. I left the house exactly at 5:30 pm, knowing that I am late for my appointment. When I got to City Tech, there was a long line for the elevator, but I stood on line patiently. I was very nervous about the appointment. I was thinking about what to say to professor Nilles. Soon, the elevator took me up to the 6th floor. I looked for room 601B, I had a little trouble at first but I eventually found it. I founded it weird that 601B was a computer room. I thought maybe I copied the wrong room or she told the class the wrong room. I wandered around the 6th floor, looking for professor Nilles. As I was about to leave, she popped out of no where and surprised me. Ironically, she gave the class the right room, 601B; I assumed that it would have been a classroom. We sat down and professor Nilles went over my essays and papers. I was depressed and discouraged by the grades; there were Cs, Ds and one B attached to my papers. I explained to professor Nilles that I am having trouble on absorbing English Grammar. I also told her that I had taken a class in Baruch on grammar, but I am not able to apply my learning in my essays. I don’t absorb as much in English than in Computer and Math courses. I consider English my weakness, but I’m not going to let that get into my way. I’m going to conquer my fears. I really appreciate professor Nilles going over my essays to show why I had the grade I received. If my grade depended on content, my grade would be much higher. She explained that in EG121 content, spelling, and grammar are components for a grade on a paper. She advised me to work with a tutor, and make daily entries to build up my weakness. I’ll try since I have plenty time in hand. Professor Nilles is a nice and open person. After the appointment, all I had in mind was to sleep. Today ends in 3 hours. Tomorrow will be a happy day for me. I don’t have work or school. I planned to go to Pathmark to grab some snacks to eat in class. I have a weird habit of munching on junk food. I almost forgot to open my paycheck. The only thing I like about Fridays is PAYDAY.

6 comments:

  1. grandpa get sum ZzZzZzZ....=) grandma would take care of u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i'm betty lam, a really short asian girl (no very descriptive) and i want to tell danny i can give him a blow job without kneeling down so if he gave me the chance i'll do just that. i also don't trust oranges, even though i eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtf is betty lam.... woah... must b sum1 dat hatez her guts... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. well at least u got ur paycheck. It's prolly more dan mines. I got freaken so less money. Dam ws claimed tat i only worked freaken 12.8 hrs. I sed i worked about 20 sometin hrs. I forgot. They gave me mad less money on my freaken pay. This is so messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....i am surprise with the low grades....u can do better than that......eprops....

    ReplyDelete