Friday, September 19, 2003

     “I have pitied doctors from my heart. What does the lovely flush in a beauty’s cheek mean to a doctor but a ‘break’ that ripples above some deadly disease? Are not all her visible charms sown thick with what are to him the signs and symbols of hidden decay? Does he ever see her beauty at all, or doesn’t he simply view her professionally, and comment upon her unwholesome condition all to himself? And doesn’t he sometimes wonder whether he has gained most or lost most by learning his trade?” quoted from Two Views of the River by Mark Twain. Does anyone get this quote…?


     Aiya… got school tomorrow and after that I have to go to work. On Sunday, there is a VIP party at my workplace… basically free sandwiches for all…My job haven’t started, yet, and I’m feeling pressured already. L I’ll have to put all my free time, not at work or school, into doing my homework. I guess… no more handball.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that Mark Tawain is reading into the back mind of a docter.For is he always a proffessional in his feild or is the docter hiding his emotions toward the female physique.No man in his right mind could think of a woman as a patient all of the time(unless he's on the other side of the fence,if you know what I mean).Twain is asking about the attraction of a physical nature between the doc and his patient.Does a man of science only see numbers and facts of nature or can he go beyond that to see the bueaty of nature.This is what I believe he meant.Hope it helps. I apologize for posting with out you having the knowlegde of my Identity.

    ReplyDelete